DURATION OF STUDIES IN THE ENGLISH PREPARATORY SCHOOL
- The total duration of the EPS is one year. Students are required to complete the program within a maximum of two years.
- Students who fail to complete the program in two years have the option to register on suspended status.
- Students on suspended status are enrolled after paying one-fourth of that semester's tuition fee. Students who are not enrolled within one month of the first day of classes as stated in the Academic Calendar are dismissed from University.
- Suspended students do not attend the lessons at Preparatory School, but study on their own. They may start their faculties if they pass the proficiency exam held at the end of each semester, or if they submit an external exam result as indicated in the Article 6.
- In order for the external exam applications to be taken into consideration, the students will need to have enrolled to University for the current semester.
- Students who fail the IBU proficiency exam at the end of the semester may enroll again in the following semester with the same status.
- Suspended students cannot benefit from University’s scholarships.
- The students who start their studies in B1 group have the opportunity to take the proficiency exam in January if their overall semester grade is minimum 70. If their overall grade is below 70, they continue their studies in B2 level.
- The students who start their studies in B2 group graduate from EPS if they achieve an overall grade of 60 at the end of the semester. The ones who fail to achieve an overall grade of 60 have the opportunity to take the proficiency exam in January if their overall semester grade is between 50 and 59. If they fail to achieve an overall grade of 50, they repeat B2 level in the following semester.
IBU PROFICIENCY & PLACEMENT TEST
- IBU Proficiency & Placement Test is the name given to a combination of tests prepared by the academic staff of the EPS for the students who want to be exempt from preparatory school. According to the score the student gets from this test, he/she will sign up to the corresponding level group.
- There is no make-up exam for IBU Proficiency & Placement Test. Medical reports are not accepted as an excuse for this exam.
- The exam is held three times a year: In January , June , and September,
- In order to be exempt from the Preparatory School, students must score at least 70.
ATTENDANCE & ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATIONS
- Attendance is obligatory at English Preparatory School.
- Absenteeism limit is 15 % of the study hours.
- The student who exceeds the absenteeism limit till the end of the term without a valid and documented excuse will not be able to graduate from the English Preparatory School.
- Student, whose absence is more than the allowed number of hours, will fail in Preparatory School program regardless of his/her exam results.
- Students who do not attend the exam unexcused will be considered to have obtained 0 (zero).
- Students who are late for class will be marked as absent by the instructors.
- Students who do not bring their class materials are also marked absent.
- Any kind of exchange of stationary items or educational materials during exams and classes are not allowed.
- Students who bring their mobile phones must keep them turned off during class time. Inappropriate action will be reflected on participation grade.
- Mobile phones are collected during examinations.
- Notebook computers cannot be used in the classrooms. If students bring them to classrooms, they must be kept in their cases.